- Live Dealer
- Great selection of slots
- High-quality live dealer games
- Excellent welcome bonus
- Live Dealer
- Accepts cryptocurrencies
- Generous welcome bonus
- Loyalty program
- Kahnawake Licence
- Live Dealer
- Reputable online casino with 26+ years’ experience
- Wide range of deposit bonuses for sports bettors and casino players
- Outstanding customer support
- Several different cryptocurrencies accepted for deposits and withdrawals
An introduction for newcomers to the slot-gaming world where you can learn how to play, understand the terminology, and familiarize yourself with various types of slot-games.
Since the emergence of the internet, online gambling entertainment has grown significantly. As technology advances, so do the top gambling games, including slots. Individuals in the United States have access to a plethora of entertainment via slot games, with options for classic reel spinning, progressive games, jackpots, and much more.
The online entertainment industry has always had a growing presence on the internet, with more users choosing to gamble online than walking into land-based casinos and betting shops. Players across the US are spoilt for choice when it comes to online gaming entertainment, especially when it comes to slot games such as:
- Classic reel spinning
- Progressive games
If you are new to the online casino world, you may be confused about where to begin. Gaining a basic understanding of how online slot games work is a great start. Once you know the terms associated with slot games and how to play, you can focus on starting to play with real money by learning more about deposits and withdrawals.
However, it can be a lot to digest for any newbies wishing to have a dabble in the online casino world, especially when you’re playing with real money. To develop a better understanding of the process, the terms, and the methods, along with deposits and withdrawals, you would need a basic guide to familiarize yourself with how it all works. This is where we come in!
Below we have provided a how-to guide to direct you on the ins and outs of slot games for beginners. Let our team help you get started, so you can begin playing 100s of online slot games found in the United States via top-rated online casinos!
How to Play Online Slots
First, you need to learn how to play online slots. In simple terms, you must create an online casino account with a reputable provider (we offer a long list of options) and deposit funds. Once you have cash in your account, you are free to play.
Check out our step-by-step guide below on creating an account, loading a game, and playing.
Visit one of our recommended online casinos via mobile or desktop device.
Click the signup button and create a new player account. Once your account is verified, deposit funds using any of the available banking methods. This can be done via the cashier section. Examples of banking methods include credit and debit cards, PayPal, and online banking.
After you have funds in your account, you are ready to select a slot game.
Click on the SLOTS category of the site and choose a game to play.
Load the game on your device.
Click on the BET section of the game to choose your wager per spin.
Once your wager is selected, click spin to play! It’s that simple!
Players often feel more comfortable with the process by experiencing it themselves. Don’t be afraid to sign up for a new account and try slot gaming. We promise the process is super easy, and once your account is created, you have tons of gaming options to choose from!
We have helped so many of the current crop of US based online slot gamers to understand and enjoy their first-ever experience and they have never looked back. Let us help you get started on the journey to enjoying online slot play!
Standard Terms Used in Slot Gaming
As you start to explore online slots, you will be introduced to unfamiliar terms you may have never heard before. Certain words are used to describe aspects of the game, as well as actions. With a basic understanding of these terms, you are better equipped to play slots at an online casino.
Check out the two main categories of terms below before you start playing online slots to better equip yourself with the essentials of the game.
Basic Slot Terms
- Reels: This term refers to the number of reels a game has. Slots generally have three reels, five, seven, or nine. Sometimes more if the game grid can grow due to special symbols. You need to score a matching symbol combination on active reels to earn a payout while playing.
- Paylines: The term payline defines a pattern for a winning combination. The payline has rows that run from left to right across the reels. Most times, a payline pays left to right, but sometimes it can pay in the opposite direction as well. Games can have 1 to 50 paylines or more. The more, the better because it gives you extra chances to score a payout.
- Rows: This refers to the number of rows on the game grid. Rows run vertically, and games will have three or more rows, typically six at most, but there can be more based on the game.
- Symbols: The symbols in the game are the icons that help create winning combinations. Each game offers different symbols based on the theme. You may have minor icons that pay the lowest prize amounts and major options that pay well. Symbols can also have other functions that we will explain in the next section.
- Payout Table: Review the payout table of a game to get to know what you can win with matching symbol combinations. The payout table shows you how many symbols will pay out and what prizes you can earn based on your wager.
- Wilds: A wild symbol can substitute for specific icons in the game. This helps to create more winning combination potential.
- Scatters: The scatter typically acts as the trigger for free spins. Usually, you need three or more to activate free spins. The icon can also payout based on the game type.
- Sticky Icons: Symbols considered sticky will remain in place for a certain amount of time to help you land winning symbol combinations.
- Multipliers: A multiplier is a symbol that adds to the overall win. Depending on the game, the multiplier can range from 1x to 1,000x or more. The prize money is boosted when you land a multiplier with a winning combination.
- Bonus icons: A bonus symbol helps to activate special features, such as bonus rounds or pick ’em games. You can also trigger free spins with bonus symbols.
- Stacked Symbols: With stacked symbols, you will see groupings of symbols on the reels. The groups can help to create winning combinations.
Now that you have a better understanding of terms, you are ready to learn more about the various types of slot games and how to choose an online casino for gameplay.
Types of Online Slot Games
Newcomers need to know the types of slots available today for seamless gaming. Each type offers a different experience, some with more features than others and better win potential. Check out our list below.
This type of slot typically has three reels and will be based on traditional gameplay. Few features are provided, and many of these types have fruit or diamond themes
This is an excellent option for newbies to begin with.
Players will find five-reel slots with quality in-game graphics and animations in this category.
These games are more involved and have intricate themes, plus plenty of features to explore.
With this type of game, players have access to jackpot prizes via progressives.
The progressive jackpot can be fixed and worth a specific amount based on your wager or provide jackpot prizes via a building pot. In the latter scenario, every time a player spins the reel, a portion of the bet goes to the progressive, and the jackpot can reach super high numbers.
Choosing an Online Casino for Slot Gaming.
Before playing online slot games, you must first select an online casino. Which sites offer the best games? How do you know which operator to choose? For newbies, the number of online casinos on the market can be overwhelming, and not all brands can provide secure gaming.
Below are a few tips to consider when choosing which casino to use for your first online slot gaming experience. Keep these tips in mind as you search for a casino home.
Any operator you choose must be reputable and provide a quality gaming environment.
Reputable operators have been providing services for many years and have proven their fairness and reputation through their players’ services.
Look for online casinos that are recognized to be credible, such as Wild Casino or Café Casino.
Licensing and Security
Another fundamental element is licensing and security.
Check to see if the casino’s seal of approval is legitimate and who they are licensed by. This information is usually found at the footer. This ensures that the brand is regulated and will provide quality security measures for its players, including data encryption, verifications, and an overall safe environment.
Bonuses and Promotions
One way to enjoy your online casino gaming is via bonuses and promotions. Select a casino with a solid welcome offer or free spin deals.
Utilizing these deals gives you a leg up, building a bankroll with minimal investment on your part.
It is also important to note the payment options of the online casino provider.
Does the operator offer payment options that suit your needs?
In general, an excellent online casino will provide credit and debit card options, PayPal, and online banking, among other options.
As you can see, a few elements are involved in online slot gaming. This new understanding of how the games work and what you should expect from an online casino will put you on the right path for fun and exciting reel spinning.
These are the core elements that one needs to become familiar with prior to signing up and playing online slot-gaming. Once you’ve understood and taken on board all the points above, you too could be one of the many players who enjoy the fun and exciting reel-spinning experience!
Now that you know all that there is to playing slots online, the only thing left is to get started! So why not try a free slot games available here on CasinoUSA? Enjoy!