The majority of players who visit an online casino do so in order to play popular online casino games such as online poker, slots, blackjack and roulette. The game of Keno is not as popular as some of these other classic games but during the last 5 years there has been an increase in the popularity of the game of Keno that has resulted in more online casinos adding Keno to their offering.
While many continue to debate whether poker is a game of skill or chance, there is no such grey area when it comes to online Keno as it is purely a game of chance.
Players decide to bet on a set of numbers and the online casino then picks out numbers at random. If the number you bet on is called, then you end up winning.
|Casino||Offer||Devices||Play Now / Review|
$5,000 Welcome Bonus
$500 other options also available
$1,000 Welcome Bonus + $100 Free Chip
This is one of the reasons why Keno is popular with players as it does not involve any elaborate gaming strategy as all players need to do is pick a series of number and then see if those numbers are chosen as the winning numbers.
- 1 Top US Keno Real Money Casinos
- 2 Online Keno
- 3 What is actually Keno and where does it come from?
- 4 How to play online Keno
- 5 Different types of Keno
- 6 Free Keno vs. Keno for real money
- 7 Tips & Tricks for playing Keno
- 8 FAQ about Keno
- 8.1 Is online Keno different from live Keno?
- 8.2 What is the major difference between Keno and Bingo?
- 8.3 How to win in online Keno?
- 8.4 Is online Keno fixed?
- 8.5 Where can I play online Keno?
- 8.6 Are there any strategies to win in Keno?
- 8.7 Online Keno FAQ
- 126.96.36.199 What’s the Difference between Online and Live Keno?
- 188.8.131.52 Are There any Differences Between Keno and Bingo?
- 184.108.40.206 Do You Need to Hit All Numbers for A Win?
- 220.127.116.11 What Bets Can I Make in Keno?
- 18.104.22.168 Can Keno be played for Free?
- 22.214.171.124 Is Keno Fixed?
- 126.96.36.199 Does Keno Have Good Odds?
- 188.8.131.52 Is There a Number Picking Strategy?
- 184.108.40.206 Is Keno Fair?
- 220.127.116.11 Do all online casinos offer Keno?
Keno is not a complicated game to play which is one of the reasons why new gamblers opt to play Keno as it prepares them for other tougher online casino games. Players who have never played a game of Keno will do well to take a few minutes to read one of the many keno guides which are available online. Players can also head over to YouTube and watch a few beginner keno videos for an introduction to the game of keno. There are a few online casinos that provide a basic guide to playing keno online.
Over the years, the game of Keno has evolved and today there is a number of online keno variants just like there is are a number of online poker variants. So when you are signing up with an online casino, go to the Keno section of games and see how many keno variants are on offer. Have a look at two or three online casinos which offer keno games and determine which online casino has more variants as it will give you more variety in your play.
Most online casinos offer both free to play keno games and real money keno games. While playing real money keno games is definitely a lot more exciting, it is always good to get warmed up playing a few free to play keno games.
This is because when you play free online keno games, you do not use any of your own money and you gain valuable experience as you get to understand how the online keno software works, develop a strategy of how many spots to call and gain valuable experience as you learn from your mistakes.
When you understand how the game works and become comfortable with the online keno experience, you can then move on to real money keno games and see how much you can win.
While Keno is purely based on chance, there are a few tips that you can follow to increase the odds of you winning at online Keno.
- Don’t select a lot of numbers: The more numbers you select, the more likely you are to win but also the more you have to bet. There’s a thin line here, so it is advisable you choose between 4-5 spots at a time.
- Online Casino Welcome Bonus: Make sure you sign up at an online casino that offers you a fantastic sign-up bonus as you can use the free money to play online ken and see if you can win without spending money of your own.
- Manage your Bankroll: Do not get carried away and spend all your money in the first few rounds of keno. This is the easiest way for you to exhaust your bankroll and get into trouble.
- Casino Payouts: Take the time to research and find out what is the maximum payout of the online casino you are looking to sign-up with. The higher the payout, the better it is for you.
Although Keno may not have been as popular as some other casino games, such as real money blackjack and roulette, its popularity has been increasing with the introduction of the online variant of this game.
Online Keno doesn’t differ much from the traditional game. In fact, many players claim that playing Keno online is even more interesting than playing in land-based casinos because of the number of players that can participate at the same time. Furthermore, various casinos offer free online Keno games which are almost as fun as playing Keno for real money.
Let’s take a look at the short history of this game, how to play it, and how to get the most out of it. Read on!
The name Keno comes from either French quine, which means “five winning numbers”, or Latin quini, meaning “five each,” and it is a game of luck. Nevertheless, the true origin of this game is in no way related to Europe, but China instead.
Although there are no documents which can confirm the assumptions made by historians, it is still widely accepted that Keno is a game of Chinese origin. According to some legends that are still present among the Chinese citizens, Keno was used during the war as a way to raise funds and build the Great Wall of China.
The first written document about Keno was recorded back in 1847 when Macau became one of the places where playing it was legal. Keno became so popular that lottery operators used pigeons to send results to remote villagers who enjoyed playing this game.
Not long after that, the game was introduced to the West by the immigrants from China, and it gained immense popularity among those who loved playing games based on luck. It didn’t take Westerners long to rename the game to Keno and start promoting it as one of the great ways to have fun and even earn some money along the way.
Keno is essentially really similar to the lottery, except for the fact that more numbers are drawn than chosen. What does that mean?
In the lottery, you usually need to guess, say, seven numbers, and seven numbers are drawn in total. However, in Keno, you get to choose up to ten out of eighty numbers, but a total of twenty-two numbers are drawn. In other words, you get almost twice as many chances to guess all your numbers right and win the maximum possible prize.
However, even if you don’t manage to win all the numbers that you had selected, you are still in for a treat, since Keno awards you even if you guess only a few of them. In most cases, the minimum number that you need to guess right in order to get paid is half of the total numbers chosen. Naturally, “the more the merrier” rule is applied here, and guessing just half of them doesn’t bring huge prizes. On the other hand, if you guess more than a half but not all of them, for example, you can still receive lucrative prizes in return.
- Choose a free online Keno or real money Keno game on one of the popular online casino sites from here or listed above in table.
- Some sites may require that you register before you start playing. If that is the case, make sure to fill out the sign-up form and open an account
- Enter the game of your choice and carefully examine the rules as they may differ a bit, mostly regarding the odds
- Select the amount of money that you want to bet
- Choose up to ten out of eighty available numbers
- Wait for the game to begin
- Wait for the results
- Claim your reward if you were lucky enough to guess at least half of the numbers right
- Repeat the whole process as many times as you want
The major difference between various Keno types is the one regarding the design. You can find dozens of online Keno games which have identical rules, but some might look better than the others.
Moreover, Keno games may differ in terms of the number of digits that you can choose, and the number of digits that are drawn. Some types of Keno that are worth mentioning include Keno Poker, Instant Bingo, Venetian Keno, Baseball Keno, Hot Zone Keno, Roulette Keno, and more.
Playing free Keno may not be as exciting as playing the game for real money. However, it is definitely a great way to learn how to play it before you make your first deposit and take the fun and excitement to another level.
Most online casinos offer Keno for free, and we advise that you play a couple of rounds without real money in order to get acquainted with the game. Once you feel confident enough and think that you understand Keno well, you can make your first deposit and start playing the game for real money.
Real money Keno is something that every person who loves playing casino games should experience since it offers a unique atmosphere which is nothing like Bingo or traditional lottery games. The fact that more numbers are drawn than players select adds a layer of suspense to the game and increases your chances to win great cash prizes. In other words, winning is more common in Keno games, although the prizes may not be as high as those won in national lottery games.
- First and foremost, avoid selecting ten numbers right away. Instead, choose up to five or six numbers for starters. That way, you will pay less per round and there is a greater possibility to hit all the numbers.
- Second, make sure to see whether casinos offer additional bonuses once you open an account. Many online casinos have various welcome rewards and sign-up offers for new players which you can use to jump-start your Keno sessions and play with the bonus money before you start playing with your own.
- The third most important thing is not to get carried away and invest a lot of money without getting anything in return. Make sure to plan your budget accordingly and don’t go hard on your bankroll. After all, Keno is a game of luck, and if it isn’t your lucky day, you should try another time.
- Finally, playing Keno for real money means playing in an online casino. However, various casinos have various rules, especially regarding payments. Therefore, you should research the casino of your choice before opening an account and find more about the payment methods that are available on that platform.
Let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about Keno.
Playing Keno at land-based casinos is identical to playing in online ones. The main difference is perhaps that online Keno has better odds overall.
A round of Bingo goes on until the winner is found, and they are the only ones getting a reward for guessing all the numbers right. On the other hand, Keno rounds always last the same, with twenty-two numbers being drawn every time. Furthermore, even those who don’t manage to guess all the numbers can win smaller prizes.
Winning in Keno is tricky to define as every round bears a significant number of winners. In fact, winning is almost as common as losing. On the other hand, getting all ten numbers right may be a bit more difficult. No special tactics are applied here; you need to rely on your intuition and luck rather than your logical thinking.
All online casino games in licensed casinos undergo strict testing procedure performed by a couple of licensed third-party testers. Random Number Generator (RNG) has become an industry standard for all online casino platforms, and it makes sure that the results are always arbitrary and cannot be fixed. Online Keno is no exception to the rule, which means that there’s no point worrying about someone meddling with the numbers.
Dozens of online casinos offer this interesting game, and if you want to start playing it, you need to register on one of them and select a Keno game of your choice. However, Keno is not the most popular casino game; therefore, many online casino platforms don’t include it in their offer. In order to find out whether a casino offers Keno games or not, make sure to do your research before registering.
The only strategy that seems to be working in Keno is pretty easy to utilize. Just don’t start with selecting ten numbers right away, and try playing with five to seven numbers for starters as that increases your chances of guessing all the numbers right.
Just like many land-based casinos, most online operators now offer Keno for those looking for a more leisurely gambling experience. If you’ve never tried it before but are thinking about giving it a shot, here are some basic notions of Keno explained, to help you on your way.
Basically, the two versions of Keno are identical in terms of rules and look, with minor differences that come with online gameplay. The only difference truly worth noting is that online Keno can often offer better odds to players.
Although they resemble each other very closely, Keno is definitely not the same as Bingo. The key difference between both games is that in Bingo, you buy tickets with preselected numbers, while in Keno you get to choose your own numbers.
Other differences between include that with Keno you can choose the size of your bet but also how many draws you want your numbers to be used for and that Bingo is played until a winner is found, while in Keno the machine will stop after drawing 20 numbers. This gives everyone a chance to win a portion of the prize, depending on the numbers guessed.
No, you don’t need to hit every number you pick. Most Keno versions offer prizes for guessing anything from 3 to 10 numbers in a draw. These can range from small consolidation prizes to very lucrative winnings.
The basic bet in Keno is the straight bet, which is when you choose several random numbers and wait for the draw. The split bet is the same as the straight bet, only you can choose multiple combinations on a single ticket, to use in more games.
The way bet is similar to the split bet, the only difference being that with way bets you can bet on separate small groups of numbers( even 3) by using fractions of standard bets. This way you can win smaller sums of money in a faster rate.
Another popular choice for experienced players is playing a combination bet, which basically allows you to place a way bet and a straight bet on a single ticket. There’s also the bullseye bet, which allows you to bet on a single number.
Yes, most online casinos offer demo versions of all their games, Keno included. These demos can help you learn the UI and feel of the game, so that you can be more comfortable when the time comes.
Just like any online casino game, Keno is not fixed. All online casinos use a Random Number Generator, i.e. a piece of software that produces random number combinations. These numbers can have as many as 200,000 digits, which allows for limitless combinations without the danger of repeating draws.
Keno isn’t famous for being the most rewarding of games. Basically, the more numbers you choose, the smaller your odds will be, but also the larger your prospective winning.
In general, Keno is believed to have a house edge that ranges from 25 to 29%, which is beyond what any other casino game offers. For comparison, some of the worst paying slot games have a house edge of 15%, while Blackjack can have a house edge that’s as low as 1-2%.
Just like the lottery, Keno is a game of chance and there are no strategies that can help you choose winning numbers. Also, the RNG casinos use makes sure that every next combination is impossible to predict, thus making number picking strategies just a waste of time. The only advice you can get is as to the optimal numbers you should choose in a single game (5-7).
Keno has variable odds which may or may not be to your liking. But apart from the inherent advantage of the game, to ensure you’re playing a fair game you should check whether the casino holds an official license or a third-party audit certificate. Both serve as proof that the RNG has been inspected and are usually found on a casino’s main page.
Keno is not offered at every casino. Namely, whether a casino will offer Keno or not will depend on its software providers. Playtech, RTG, Betsoft, Microgaming, and NetEnt are only a number of game makers who produce video Keno.